Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A moving light source In a Dark Scene

Since my last post I have worked on a couple of small things to make the hand tracking and visualization a little neater. I also worked to set up the initial experience that led me to work with the leap motion in the first place.

For those that remember my original goal was to create a VR experience where the subject is placed in a dark environment and is able to control with their hands the only light source. Below is a video of what I have done so far. 
In the original example the light source takes the form of a torch that is constantly on. In my experience I made it so that the light source the player controls is in the form of an orb that can be summoned by looking at your right while it is flat and facing upwards. If you tilt your hand or close your hand past a certain amount the light source disappears.

2 comments:

  1. Crank up bloom and that'll be awesome looking. I'm sure its already fun but I don't have a leap motion to try it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete